Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Today I'm a new woman thanks to LinkedIn

Late yesterday afternoon (3:55 p.m.), LinkedIn e-mailed me to say that today I'll be one of the privileged first to get a redesigned profile with "new ways to connect and build relationships" and "a new way to showcase rich content."  At the same time, they dropped the bomb that they're discontinuing apps that I've been using regularly, including Box.net Files and Blog Link.

As of 08:30 a.m. my local time, my LinkedIn Profile still looks the same as usual, so part of today's excitement will be wondering when they'll pull the switch.  Whenever it happens, please bear with me as I adapt to new protocols to stay in touch.  Like so many other new developments in social media, this one should prove interesting for all of us.  I'm for anything that will help me communicate better with other people.

Just in case you're curious, below is quoted LinkedIn's e-mail to me from yesterday.  At my end, I'd be curious to know if anyone else got the same message, or else a different one along the same lines:

Hi Victoria,
On December 11, 2012, you'll be getting the new LinkedIn profile, which has a simplified design, provides deeper insights, and surfaces new ways to connect and build relationships. You'll also be one of the first to preview a new way to showcase rich content on your profile -- like presentations, videos, documents, and more.
Now there are more ways than ever to tell your professional story on LinkedIn, and we're excited for you to try them out. As we roll out these changes, we'll also be streamlining our app offerings, so the following LinkedIn apps will no longer be supported on the homepage or profile as of December 11:
  • Box.net Files
  • Blog Link
You can find out more about these changes on our Help Center.We hope you like your new LinkedIn profile!
Thanks,
The LinkedIn Team

No comments:

Post a Comment